People who suffer from leg cramps may find it inconvenient and discomfort. They usually happen when there are sudden and impulsive changes in groups of muscles. Leg cramps are quite common to people who play sports.
These following simple home remedies will help you to avoid leg cramps, ultimately find it in no time.
1. Cold Compress
The best time for cold compress is after the heat treatment. The cold is useful in anaesthetized the pain. We all know that the soreness is relieved by the cold. You can ether take a cold shower or use ice cubes to free the cramp.
Remember to apply these following steps:
- Grab a lean tower.
- Wrap it around ice cubes and place the towel over the sore area.
- Keep to doing it within 15 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure couples of times throughout the days.
2. Epsom Salt
People have long been using Epsom Salt to soothe the pain even when there has not any treatment yet. This special type of salt contain magnesium and sulfate, which make it a great natural remedy, particularly for relieve muscle cramp. The best way to use them is taking a salt bath.
- Put some Epsom salt in your warm bathtub.
- Literally soak in the bathtub for 20 minutes, so that the salt eases your pain.
- After the shower you will see the difference right away.
*Note: Epsom salt is contradicted to people who have heart problems, high blood pressure or diabetes.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is such a great cure for a lot of health issues, muscle cramp is no exception since it is rich in potassium. There are several nutrients that can be mixed with the raw vinegar to free you from leg cramps.
- You can mix one teaspoon of vinegar in a cup of water. Dink it once a day on a regular basis.
- Make a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey and a small amount of calcium in ½ cup of water. This solution is not only treats your cramp but also helps you to have a sound sleep.
Rosemary is a wonderful herb that can get rid of leg cramps in every stage of its development in your body. The anti-inflammatory property reduces the pain and fosters the healing process. Following are ways that you can apply. You can either drink it or use it as a heating treatment accordingly:
- Places some of rosemary leaves in a cup of boiling water.
- Leave them for 30 minutes with the lit closed.
- Directly apply or use a cotton ball to the affected area.
- Keep doing for 10 – 15 minutes then follow with cold compress.
- Put 2 teaspoon of dried rosemary to a glass of boiling water.
- Leave it for 10 minutes than take out all the solution.
- Drink this throughout the day until the cramp is gone.
5. Drink enough
Your essential routine turns out to be very important. One of reasons leading to cramp is dehydration, thus you need to provide enough water to your body, preferably 1 – 1.5 liters per day. There’s still something you need to remember of drinking to avoid cramp.
When you find yourself have cramps. Drink 1 or 2 glasses of water immediately. Keep drinking thorough the day, make sure that your body is dehydrated.
There’s something you could do to prevent cramp before exercising. Drinks enough before working out or between the breaks.
Moreover, give yourself any chance to drink, either it is fruit juice or milk, they all work.
One of reasons leading to leg cramps is that your muscles does not relax. Give yourself a little treat by gently massaging. Massage the affected areas until you find the satisfying result. For the best results, use oil while massaging. The oil is a mixture of 1 teaspoon of wintergreen oil with four teaspoon of vegetable oil.
7. Clove oil
It is anti – inflammatory property in clove oil that calms the swelling and refrains the inflamed areas. To make best use of this, just gently massage with the oil.
- Heat the oil by placing it in microwave for 10 seconds.
- Gently rub on the cramps.
- Massage for 10 minutes.
- Repeat throughout the day until find the satisfied results.