Prepare homemade remedies for heartburn that you can make from nature ingredients that often available in your kitchen and groceries. There are several fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices, and several ingredients in kitchen that can help to relieve the heartburn.
List of Best Homemade Remedies for Heartburn
No need for runaway to chemical over the counter when experience heartburn. Just check into your refrigerator, or plant several these useful herbs and spices in your kitchen.
- Aloe Vera Juice. Aloe Vera does not only coolant and reduces skin inflammation. With aloe vera juice, you are able to relief your heartburn and cool down the stomach heat.
- Pineapple Juice. Take 4 oz pineapple juice after daily meals is effective in reduce the heartburn and hyperacidity. Pineapple contains substance of bromelain, enzyme that control hydrochloric acid level in stomach.
- Vegetable juices. Drink vegetable juice that contain with alkaline is very helpful in correct the acidity in stomach. The examples of alkaline vegetables such as celery, cabbage and potato. The other juice is papaya which contain papain enzyme, digestive enzyme that soothe the stomach and aid in breaking down protein. You also can use celery sticks for minimize the stomach acid.
- Apples. An apple a day will leave away you from doctor. This wise words is truly truth, in facts, in relief heartburn, you can use apples for reduce the sensation of burning while experience heartburn and calm down the production of acid in your stomach. Apples will neutralize acidity in your stomach in 5 minutes.
- Bananas. Banana is natural antacid that available from nature. You can eat fresh bananas or dried bananas.
- Grape. When you experience with digestion problem, take at least 10 to 20 grams. Grapes are fruit that work best in relieve indigestion and upset stomach.
Herbs and Spices
- Basil. Plant basil in your planter and you can relieve heartburn as well as when you need to combat gas and nausea. Just chewing about 2 or 3 leaves of basil and it will reduce your stomach acid.
- Chamomile. Chamomile tea for long time has known for the use of relieving stomach acid and neutralizes it. You also can use it as stress reliever.
- Cinnamon. Add crushed cinnamon into your tea and it will cool your heartburn. Take 1 teaspoon crushed or powder cinnamon into 1 cup of boiling water, strain, and steep and drink it.
- Fennel. Herbalist expert believe tea that added with fennel, anise or caraway is relieving stomach acid and heartburn. Add 2 teaspoon with 1 cup of boiling water. Steep and strain the tea before drink.
- Garlic. Garlic is often blamed for heartburn trigger. However, garlic is able to erase heartburn sensation as quick as it came. There are two easy methods that you can do when using garlic as heartburn remedies. First step is by Chewing a clove of garlic when experience heartburn. The second method is adding few garlic cloves with apple cider vinegar and drink the mixed liquid when the heartburn is occurred.
- Ginger. Ginger is oldest home remedies for heartburn. Ginger is spice that has known for peculiar property such as relieving nausea and indigestion problem. Ginger is able to use by adding to boiling water, eaten raw or even added to cooked food.
- Peppermint oil. Add 2 drops peppermint oil into 8 oz water and drink when get indigestion problem. Peppermint oil is categorized as over the counter medicine that can recommend for relieve heartburn and also great healing for heartburn.
- Turmeric. Turmeric is herbs that help stimulate digestion process and prevent the buildup of acid. Turmeric is often found in curried foods.
- Almonds. Almonds are containing with high oil that can neutralize the acid in stomach.
- Apple cider vinegar. Add 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with half cup water or apple juice and drink each after meals.
- Baking soda. Baking soda is other natural antacid that can relieve heartburn. Add 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda with a glass of water that can neutralize heartburn.
Tips for People Who Have Heartburn
If you often experience heartburn, then these tips below can help you prevent occurred heartburn in next time.
- Drinking water is easiest and simplest way for eliminate heartburn. Water help to flush out the excess acid that goes into esophagus and make heartburn.
- Avoid certain foods that known trigger heartburn.
- Avoid eating food at least 2-3 hours before get bed. This will make chance for empty your stomach before lie down.
- Change your eating habit. Try to eat your meal in slowly and take smaller bites.
- Smoker? Stop smoking is great idea to eliminate heartburn. Smoking reduces the muscle effectiveness for keeping acids keep in stomach.
- If you often experience heartburn, try to change your bed position by raise your head few inches when sleep. This will prevent stomach acids move to esophagus.