Olive oil has been known for long time as a natural material that can benefit much for human, include for hair treatment. If you want to have stronger and healthier hair, this olive extraction can be a good choice for you.
The oil contains a lot of natural substances that are very useful for the hair growth. The best time to apply for this oil to your hair is at night. This article will talk about olive oil hair treatment overnight and all you need to know about it.
Get to Know about Olive Oil
Olive oil is a kind of liquid fat that is resulted from olives extraction. With Latin name of Olea Europea, the olive tree is native to Mediterranean Basin and known to have been growth in the region since the 8th millennium by Neolithic people.
The tree is cropped in the area and then people pressing the whole olive fruits to produce the oil. Mediterranean people use the oil for various purposes. They have been using the olive extraction for culinary health treatment, soaps and cosmetics purposes since thousand years ago.
The oil is the most common compliment for salad dressing and frying purposes. The people in Mediterranean also make use this natural oil as a fuel to lit up traditional oil lamps. The olive oil is also important part in some religions’ traditions.
That is why there is large production of the olive extraction to fulfill people demand over the oil. There are three countries in Europe that are widely known with their large production of the oil, they are Spain, Italy, and Greece.
But the latest has the highest percentage of oil consumption per capita compared to all. The oil contains healthy compositions that are beneficial for human body. The largest composition consists of oleic acid up to 83% that makes this type of oil very healthy.
Meanwhile, the smaller composition consists of fatty acid, such as 21% linoleic acid and 20% of palmitic acid. Olive oil with extra virgin level should have free acidity which is not more than 0.8%.
But generally, the oil composition can be different depends on the cultivar, time of harvest, extraction process, and the altitude where the olive trees are planted.
Olive Oil for Hair Treatment
With the health composition contained in the olive oil, there are many benefits people can get from the oil. There are many ways to use the oil as natural treatment for your hair to make it much stronger, thicker, healthier, and grow faster.
You will get better result of the treatment if you apply the oil to your hair at night. Just keep in mind to consider the length of your hair to get the rightest measurement of ingredients. You might need double amount of ingredient if you have waist – length hair.
But if you have shorter hair, you might only need half amount of the ingredients. Here are some ways to apply olive oil hair treatment overnight you can try.
- Repairing Damaged Hair
The olive extraction can be used for repairing damaged hair. The steps are simple that you can easily do them at home. Here are things you need to do when you want to apply olive oil to repair your damage hair.
- Drape a towel around your shoulders to protect your cloth from the oil and then comb your hair.
- After that pour one teaspoon of olive extraction on your palm and then apply it on your hair gently.
- Use a blow dryer and set it on medium heat to help the oil penetrates to your hair and then leave it for 45 minutes. Clean your hair with shampoo after that.
- Getting Rid of Dry Scalp and Flakes
- Prepare two tablespoons of olive oil and then mix it with two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Add some water into the mixture.
- Apply the mixture on your hair for about 20 up to 30 minutes and then rinse it with shampoo.
- Getting Stronger and Longer Hair
This olive extraction can also help you to get longer and stronger hair. All you need is just the olive oil and egg yolks.
- Combine two tablespoon of olive oil with two egg yolks.
- The next step is adding ½ cup of cold water to the mixture. Just keep in mind to not using hot water since it will result in smelly mess if you combine it with the egg yolks.
- Apply the mixture to your hair gently.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes before you rinse it.
- Repeat this olive oil hair treatment overnight every week to get the best result.