Scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment can become a solution to eliminate the symptoms of scalp psoriasis naturally. It has become a clear fact that suffering from scalp psoriasis can be both annoying and embarrassing. While the symptom of a mild condition is usually only slight scaling, the symptoms of moderate to severe conditions might include itching, temporary hair loss, burning sensation, scaly red patches and silvery white scales.
Scalp psoriasis may affect a single patch, several patches or the entire scalp. It can also spread to behind your ears, back of your neck and your forehead. To eliminate the painful and disturbing symptoms, you must choose the most suitable treatment.
Treatments that are commonly used to cure scalp psoriasis treatments include home remedies, medication and laser treatment. This article provides information about curing scalp psoriasis, the importance of choosing the right treatment, reasons to treat psoriasis naturally, things to do before taking a home remedy and 10 home remedies to treat scalp psoriasis.
Is There Any Cure for Scalp Psoriasis?
People who are suffering from scalp psoriasis might have heard that there is not any cure for their condition. However, this information should never make you disappointed or down hearted. Even though your condition can not be cured, you can eliminate the symptoms.
If the symptoms can be eliminated, you will no longer feel painful or itchy. You will also not feel embarrassed as there will not any silvery patch on your scalp, forehead, or back of ears. There are scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment, medication, and laser therapy that can help scalp psoriasis sufferers improving their life quality.
In your effort to find a natural scalp psoriasis treatment, you will find several types of treatments. Even though all treatments are intended to eliminate the symptoms, it does not mean that they can give the same result. Also, a different condition requires a different treatment.
For example, a treatment for a mild condition is usually different from a treatment for a severe condition. Basically, when you must decide which treatment is right for you, you should firstly determine how bad your condition is.
If less than 3% of your scalp is affected, the condition is mild. A moderate condition is when 3% to 10% of your scalp is affected. If more than 10% of your scalp is affected, you are suffering from severe scalp psoriasis.
Then, before choosing a certain treatment, you need to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each treatment. Medication offers a faster treatment. It can heal inflammation so that sufferers will not feel itchy and painful.
However, because drugs enter metabolism system and blood, taking drugs to treat scalp psoriasis can be risky especially for pregnant and breastfeeding women and those who are on certain medication. A scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment allows you to use home remedies to treat your mild condition. It uses natural ingredients to eliminate symptoms of scalp psoriasis.
Unfortunately, it works slower than medication. Laser treatment is now also available for scalp psoriasis treatment. This advanced technology works well for mild to severe condition. Laser therapy can provide a dramatic result but it is definitely not for everyone.
Top Reasons to Treat Scalp Psoriasis Naturally
The possibility to eliminate the symptoms of scalp psoriasis using medication, laser therapy and home remedies gives people a chance to choose a treatment that perfectly meets their needs and lifestyle.
In this case, many people become highly interested in using a natural way to treat their condition. The followings are top reasons to use scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment.
- A cheap treatment. Compared to medication, natural home remedies are far much cheaper. The cost of medication includes the manufacturing cost, distribution cost and advertisement cost while the cost of a home remedy is only the amount of money that you must spend to buy herbs, fruits or vegetables.
- A clean treatment. Because you are the one who prepares it, you know what ingredients you use. You will pick the best materials, wash them cleanly and take care of them well. As a result, you can rest assured that everything you use is advantageous for your body.
- Easy to find. Home remedies use ingredients that are available in your pantry like herbs, fruits and vegetables. This enables you to find a relief to your itchiness, soreness, or pain without leaving your comfortable home. You just need to go to your pantry and find the ingredients. If you cannot find a certain raw material, you can simply go to a nearby grocery or shopping mall to buy what you need.
- Easy to make. Making a home remedy does not need to undergo a complicated manufacturing and distribution process. You might only need to crush or squeeze the ingredients before applying on to your scalp. Even, if you have never made scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment before, you can make a home remedy easily.
- Less harmful. Beside its benefits, medication is known to have side effects. While some side effects are mild, the others might be moderate or severe. This is possible because medication usually have other ingredients that can affect other body systems of promote a certain health risks. If you use home remedies, you can easily avoid these harmful side effects because the ingredients that you use will serve a specific purpose. On the other words, a scalp psoriasis natural treatment only has a medicinal purpose.
What to Do Before Taking a Scalp Psoriasis Natural Treatment?
Taking scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment means taking raw materials that have a medicinal purpose. This implies that the materials will affect your body system. To avoid unexpected events, you are strongly advised to consult your doctor before taking any home remedy for your scalp psoriasis especially if you are currently taking a medication.
Many people might think that because a natural remedy is all natural, it will not affect a preexisting medical condition, pregnancy or breastfeeding period. In fact, your personal condition can be greatly affected by a home remedy that you choose.
As if you are suffering from diabetes or high blood pressure, you need to choose a home remedy that will not worsen your condition. Even though this attempt requires you to allocate a special time, you will get lots of benefits from it.
10 Most Popular Scalp Psoriasis Home Remedies
If you have decided to use scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment to eliminate the symptoms of scalp psoriasis, here are 10 home remedies to consider. Read thoroughly the steps to prepare the ingredients to make sure that you can get maximum benefits of the home remedy.
If you are looking for a plant that has skin soothing properties, you definitely should choose Aloe Vera. This plant has been used for a long time to help healing minor skin burns.
According to a research in 1990s, Aloe Vera shows possible benefits in treating psoriasis. It contains chemicals that are able to increase the circulation in the blood vessels in the skin and kill bacteria. When it is applied to the affected scalp, it can reduce the rashes and scales.
How to Use: You can use Aloe Vera in 2 ways. They are:
- Aloe Vera Gel. To use Aloe Vera as natural scalp psoriasis treatment, you can buy the plant itself. Cut and split open one of its leaves. Clean the latex and smear the gel onto the affected scalp. If buying the plant is not possible, you can buy Aloe Vera gel at local pharmacies or drug stores. Apply the gel 3 times a day. After 3 to 4 weeks of application, a significant change of your scalp can be easily seen.
- Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil. To relieve the symptoms of scalp psoriasis, you can mix Aloe Vera gel and jojoba oil. These two natural ingredients are able to moisture dry, flaky and scaling scalps due to the chemicals contained in them. Firstly, you should prepare a small, clean container. Put Aloe Vera gel and jojoba oil and then mix them. Massage this scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment on your scalp before going to sleep every day. You can see the improvement on your scalp after 3 to 4 weeks.
Fish oil is a great home remedy for scalp psoriasis. It is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. These fatty acids have powerful effects to human health. They can boost immune system, protect against heart disease and reduce inflammation.
Because psoriasis is an autoimmune disease, improving your immune system should help improving your condition. This means that fish oil can help you both from the inside and outside.
How to Use: Fish oil can be used to improve scalp psoriasis from the inside and outside.
- Eat fatty fish. To improve your condition from the inside, you can eat a couple of servings of fatty fishes like salmon and tuna. You can make fatty become your favorite dishes.
- Fish Oil Supplement. If you cannot cook, you can take fish oil supplement regularly. This supplement can be found easily at local drugstores and pharmacies. Remember, you should buy high quality fish oil to get its maximum benefits.
- Fish Oil Cream. To improve your condition from the outside, you can buy creams containing fish oil as your scalp psoriasis natural treatment. Apply the cream onto the affected area two to three times a day for 3 to 4 weeks.
Almond contains lots of vitamin E. This vitamin is basically an antioxidant that protects and repairs skin disorders. It fights against free radicals that can damage your skin. Because this vitamin is not produced by your body, you should make sure that you eat enough food containing this vitamin.
You can also take vitamin E supplement if you think that your intake is low. Take good quality vitamin E supplement regularly to help improving your condition from the inside.
How to Use: To help improving your condition from the outside, you will need to apply a paste of almond powder and water on the affected area regularly. You should make sure that this scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment is on the affected area for about 15 to 20 minutes. You can also boiled almond powder in water and then cooled it before applying it on the scalp. Repeat this treatment twice a day for 3 to 4 weeks to get the best result.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This ingredient has many benefits. It is not only able to reduce the irritation and itching sensation but also able to protect skin from infection. However, if your skin is cracked or there is wound on your skin, you had better not use it because it will cause a burning sensation on your skin.
How to Use: There are two methods to use apple cider vinegar to treat scalp psoriasis. They are:
- Apple cider vinegar drink. This drink will detoxify your body and eliminating scalp psoriasis from the inside. To make the drink, you need 1 teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar and 1 glass of lukewarm water. Add the apple cedar vinegar to the water and stir it well. Drink the solution twice a day to get the best result.
- Apple cider vinegar compress. This scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment is able to provide a temporary treatment to relieve the itching and scaling caused by scalp psoriasis. To make the compress, you need 1 teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar, 1 clean washcloth and 1 glass of lukewarm water. Prepare the diluted mixture by taking apple cider vinegar and lukewarm water in the ratio of 1:3. Soak the washcloth in the solution for 2 minutes and then compress it on your scalp for 1-2 minutes. Repeat this remedy several times a day to eliminate the itchiness.
Oatmeal can become a great scalp psoriasis natural remedy because it can keep skin hydrated and reduce skin irritation and inflammation. Well hydrated skin is the key to a healthy scalp.
If the scalp is moist, flaking and scaling will not be formed. Even though there isn’t yet any research on the benefits of oatmeal for scalp psoriasis, many sufferers have reported to have their scalp improved after a regular use of oatmeal.
How to Use: Oatmeal can be used in two ways. They are:
- Oatmeal Bath. Soaking your body and scalp in oatmeal bath enables you to have soft and smooth skin. It can help calming your skin and healing the cracked skin. To prepare an oatmeal bath, you will need 1 cup of finely powdered oatmeal (you can get this from local stores easily) and 1 bath tub of warm water. Add the oatmeal powder to the water and stir it well. Soak your body and scalp for about 20 to 25 minutes. After that, wash your body with clean warm water. Repeat this process twice a day. Within a few weeks, you can see the amazing result.
- Oatmeal Paste. Make a solution of oatmeal powder and warm water. Apply the solution on the affected scalp. Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day. The oatmeal paste will hydrate your flaking and scaling scalp. You will have your healthy scalp within a few weeks.
The benefits of olive oil have been widely known. It is a great skin moisturizer that can keep the skin hydrated and reduce skin dryness. After an application, skin will become smooth and soft instantly. You will need to apply the oil on the affected in a regular basis in order to get rid of the flakes and scaling.
How to Use: There are 3 ways to use this scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment. They are:
- Simple Application. For this purpose, you will need to use extra virgin olive oil. Massage the oil onto the affected scalp for 3 minutes anytime you need it.
- Olive, Calendula and Oregano Application. Prepare 2 drops of calendula oil, 1 drop of oregano oil, and 1 cup of olive oil. Mix the three oils well and heat the mixture in the microwave for a while. While it is still warm, apply the mixture onto the affected area. Massage the area gently for 3 minutes. You should leave the oil on your scalp overnight. To get the best result, apply the oil in a regular basis.
- Bath Time. You may add 2 to 3 spoons of olive oil into your bath tub. Soak your body and scalp for about 20 minutes. Dry your skin and scalp. You need to repeat this process twice a day for a few weeks to get the result.
This herb is one of main spices in Indian and Middle Eastern dishes. It is used in various kinds of dishes due to its taste and benefits.
According to many studies on this herb, Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has powerful antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties. This scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment can reduce psoriasis flares. Consequently, sufferers can get rid of the pain.
How to Use: This herb can be used in three ways. They are:
- Spice for Your Dishes. If you love curries or other Indian dishes that use turmeric, you can simply eat those dishes to get the benefits of the turmeric. There are many recipes using turmeric on the internet so you should not have any difficulty to cook a delicious dish.
- Turmeric Drink. You should prepare a glass of hot water and 5 cm of turmeric. Wash the turmeric well and then peel it. Slice it thinly and put the slices into the hot water. Cover the glass and leave it until it is lukewarm. Drink it twice a day to get the best result.
- Turmeric Pill or Supplement. If you don’t like the smell and the hassles of preparing dishes or turmeric drink, you can take turmeric pill. Choose pill manufactured by a reputable company to get high quality pill.
Garlic is highly recommended to treat scalp psoriasis. It contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is powerful to heal inflammation and to prevent skin infection.
How to Use: There are several ways to use this scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment. They are:
- Eat Garlic As It Is. You need to choose garlic that is in its best condition and has a perfect form. Peel the skin and wash it well. Eat the garlic as it is. This will allow you to get the full advantage of garlic including its blood purifying properties. If you eat garlic in a regular basis, you will be able to get rid of the symptoms of psoriasis and even prevent its outbreak.
- Paste of Garlic Oil and Aloe Vera Gel. You will need 1 teaspoon of garlic oil and 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel. Mix them in a small container. Apply the paste on the affected scalp and wait for 15 minutes.
- Garlic and Milk Drink. Prepare 2 to 3 crushed garlic cloves, 1 glass of milk and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Mash garlic properly. Add the mashed garlic into the milk and then add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Stir it well and drink the mixture twice a day.
Capsaicin is found in chili peppers. It is the ingredient that makes chili peppers hot. It can help eliminating the symptoms of psoriasis including pain, inflammation, and redness.
How to Use: To use this scalp psoriasis natural remedy, you should apply it on the affected skin anytime you feel painful. However, before you use the ointment on the affected area, you need to apply it a little on your arm to make sure that it does not cause a burning sensation on your skin.
Ice pack is a scalp psoriasis home remedies treatment for immediate pain relief. It can numb the nerve endings once it is put on the affected area. When the nerve endings become numb, you will not feel painful anymore. Ice pack also has a cooling effect that can help reducing the irritation and itching sensation.
How to Use: You will need ice cubes and one towel or washcloth. Wrap a lot of ice cube in the towel or washcloth and then compress it on the affected scalp for about 10 minutes. You may use this natural remedy three times a day.